Exodus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding names

4 posters

Go down

Regarding names Empty Regarding names

Post by Christian (Frisian) Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:37 am

one thought crossed my mind recently when misterdelle back on SR asked me in his farewell-PM for my real name. i liked that coz to me it feels quite differently if you talk to a virtual forum persona or a real person.

it may be highly unusual, but what do you think about us using our real names in here?

i hate my real name in english, coz for some reason you guys named some relegion after me, but i would change my forum name to: Christian (aka Frisian)

we'd just put our callsigns in () (whatever these are called) after our name. if we start that way, potential new members will just follow suit, and the chance of our group ever becoming impersonal in tone will be much smaller ...
Christian (Frisian)
Christian (Frisian)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Regarding names Empty Re: Regarding names

Post by Mark (Kal-Nor) Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:06 am

As mentioned today mine is Mark, but hey i think Kal is some much more... So I'm sticking with Kal, or we can blend it to Mal (serenity) Very Happy
Mark (Kal-Nor)
Mark (Kal-Nor)

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian (Frisian) Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:24 pm

Kal-Nor wrote:As mentioned today mine is Mark, but hey i think Kal is some much more... So I'm sticking with Kal, or we can blend it to Mal (serenity) Very Happy

*grin* i wouldnt want to get rid of our callsigns/nicks (i also like my nick better than my name) but to combine both (really like "Mark (callsign: Kal-Nor)" ) something like that. put our real names first. we can still call each other by CS, or we could simply vary, but my thought was that it might set a positive tone for future kollegues.

using real names in forums is highly unusual and i hope it may stop some of the typical forum-cultures to develop (like veterans often having a higher status than newbees. thats somthing that happens in a forum a lot, but if you meet real people, say in a pub, those who have been there earlyer are not seen to be of a higher status.) i would prefer us to behave like regular folks, not like forum entities. the five of us shurely will, but sooner or later we may gain new colleges who will have to settle in. that was what i was thinking about. does that make any sense?
Christian (Frisian)
Christian (Frisian)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark (Kal-Nor) Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:50 pm

This sounds good to me
Mark (Kal-Nor)
Mark (Kal-Nor)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jan (Wenceslas) Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:32 pm

i see what you aiming at we can try that, but i think more important to keep personal contact is to be open and not hide too much of the organisational stuff from new mebers. From my view that is more how people feel excluded....
But still like your idea lets do that.
Jan (Wenceslas)
Jan (Wenceslas)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriel (greenlance) Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:12 pm

I don't mind this, as long as I can still be called greenlance now and then. To me, you guys are all your call signs, because that is how I first met you. I might not call you by your displayed name, but it's nice to know.
Gabriel (greenlance)
Gabriel (greenlance)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jan (Wenceslas) Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:06 pm

Most probably most of you are more intelligent then me to know this but as i just missed that point.....
If we change our Name you also change the User name so if you login in the page you need to enter the new user name with the real name Tag.
I know silly but i just missed that point and had a litt mess here
Jan (Wenceslas)
Jan (Wenceslas)

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian (Frisian) Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:56 pm

Jan (Wenceslas) wrote:Most probably most of you are more intelligent then me to know this but as i just missed that point.....
If we change our Name you also change the User name so if you login in the page you need to enter the new user name with the real name Tag.
I know silly but i just missed that point and had a litt mess here

lol, you are in good company: I made that same silly mistake, lol. boy was I confused ... ;-)
Christian (Frisian)
Christian (Frisian)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum